Assalamualaikum & Greetings To All :)
- Hormonal Imbalance.
- Excessive eating.
- Intake of large quantities of alcohol,sweets and chocolates.
- Lack of exercise.
- STRESS --> Increased production of Cortisol -> Stimulates storage of fat around the waist.
- Improper digestion, commonly due to malfunctioned of the gastrointestinal system.
- Decreased efficiency of burning calories as we add years to our age which eventually leads to sluggish metabolism and persistently puffy belly.
Here's some information on foods which you should consume if you have a bloated belly.
Eggs: They provide good quality protein which in turn helps overcome hunger pangs.
Beans: Beans like black gram, green gram, chick peas and green moong bustle with fiber and proteins.They help you shed pounds and improve muscle tone.
Oat Meal: Befriend the good ol' oats if you're battling belly fat. Start your day with oats cooked in water or consume them with milk. They're high in soluble fibre and low in fat.
Vegetables: Green vegetables are rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. Consuming vegetables for dinner without rice is helpful in shrinking the waist size. What's more,most green veggies have only 30-60 calories per 100 grams.
Barley: Barley has a considerably low glycaemic index (for diabetic patient) and contains lots of soluble fibre. This helps in diminishing the circumference of the waist. Regular consumption cuts down the risk of cardiac diseases and type II diabetes.
Green Tea: Polyphenols present in the tea help boost metabolism. Green tea is less processed and contains higher levels of anti-oxidants. It greatly suppresses the appetite.
Milk: When we say milk, we're not recommending full-cream milk. In fact, make sure you stay away from that. Go for non-fat milk which has the same amount of calcium and protein as full-cream milk but contains less sodium and helps prevent water retention (edema). This reduces bloating.
Yogurt: It's oozing with calcium and protein and has very less calories (80 calories in a cup of low-fat yogurt). The beneficial bacteria present in yogurt boost immunity and aid bowel movement.
Tomatoes: The luscious red tomatoes contain only 20 calories per hundred gram. They are rich in fibres, lycopene and potassium. They avert water retention, thereby also preventing bloating of the belly.
Olive Oil: People realise that veggies are good for health but many find their taste boring. Add a small quantity of olive oil. This will improve the flavour of vegetables and make them tastier. But its real benefit is that it can help you lose the hateful flab around your belly.
Remember,things that are tasty to the tongue buds are usually harmful for the gut :)
Eat well and stay healthy :)
Today on 29th April 2011, I finally removed my braces after wearing it for about 1 year & 4 months :) Just observed how much I've changed...
Along with this, I would also like to share the evolution of myself from a small cute baby to a mature lady (as if.. :P).
People do changed...always towards the better side :)
I would like to apologized as the pictures are not so clear.. Im not so good with all these so called technology :)
People always said to me, "Mas,u look different" & I always try to change myself to be a better person,day by day... " A Succesful Person Never Do ExtraOrdinary Things..They Do Ordinary Things In An ExtraOrdinary Way" Assalamualaikum :)
P/S: For a better view of the pictures,I guess you can just click on the pictures,and the clear one will show up :)
Alhamdulillah,thank u Allah..For giving me another to share things with everyone :)
Read through me.... Some people are naturally born with the talent,where he or she can read through a person just by looking at their facial expressions... They are called 'naturals'... Nevertheless, there are people who also have the ability to read through others by acquiring the knowledge :) They are called 'experts'...
A facial expression results from one or more motions or positions of the muscles of the face. These movements convey the emotional state of the individual to observers. Facial expressions are a form of nonverbal communication. They are a primary means of conveying social information among humans, but also occur in most other mammals and some other animal species.
Humans can adopt a facial expression to read as a voluntary action. However, because expressions are closely tied to emotion, they are more often involuntary. It can be nearly impossible to avoid expressions for certain emotions, even when it would be strongly desirable to do so, a person who is trying to avoid insult to an individual, he or she finds highly unattractive might nevertheless show a brief expression of disgust before being able to reassume a neutral expression. Microexpressions are one example of this phenomenon. The close link between emotion and expression can also work in the other direction; it has been observed that voluntarily assuming an expression can actually cause the associated emotion.
Some expressions can be accurately interpreted even between members of different species- anger and extreme contentment being the primary examples. Others, however, are difficult to interpret even in familiar individuals. For instance, disgust and fear can be tough to tell apart. Because faces have only a limited range of movement, expressions rely upon fairly minuscule differences in the proportion and relative position of facial features, and reading them requires considerable sensitivity to same. Some faces are often falsely read as expressing some emotion, even when they are neutral, because their proportions naturally resemble those another face would temporarily assume when emoting.
As for me, I've learned, though not an expert, on how to read people expressions... It is somehow important for me as a doctor, to know whether a patient is lying while telling the history of his or her illness... There are few conditions or circumstances where you cant apply this knowledge on people,especially when they are using BOTOX, as Botox paralyses all your facial muscles. Stroke also can somehow affect the face reading. Kindly watch this video to learn more about facial expressions http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TrgNKGjSyxA
The most important take home message is, facial expressions is an universal phenomena, no matter who you are, right from the billionaire to the beggar,because we humans have the same facial muscles :)
Each blood group can be either (+ve) or (-ve), depending upon the presence of Rhesus factor. Majority of us have the positive Rhesus factor. Now,lets see what are the peculiar behavior of each and every blood group :)
- TYPE 'O' (HOT)
Population - 38% of the world is O +ve and 6% O -ve.
Confident and Strong-Willed, Proud, Dedicated, Sociable, Energetic, Extroverted, Frank, Realist, Showy, Flighty, Generalist, Positive, Independent, Risk-Takers, Dislike taking orders, Insecure, Stubborn & Self-Centered.
Make friends easily and go with flow and grasp opportunity. Quick to start a project or chase an idea. Are good at organizing activities. May have short attention span, and expresses strong emotions. May quickly take opposite views that are deep but not always durable. Classic entrepreneurs and movers and shakers.
Express their emotions but can be swayed by other blood types. Have an intrinsic elegance. Sociable and showy. May be good at adapting to circumstances. Words come easily to them. Not self conscious and will frankly reveal inner feelings. Ambitious, but may have issues with detail. Like to be touch and be touched by others.
- TYPE 'A' (COOL)
Population - Roughly 34% of the world is A +ve and 6% A -ve.
Traits Obedient, Careful, Sympathetic, Self-Sacrificing, Polite, Honest, Loyal, Emotional, Introverted & Nervous.
Are reserved calm and even tempered. Sensitive to public opinion. May be Introverted, shy and nervous or ill at ease with others. May be Pessimistic. Value relationships and are loyal.
Hesitant to change. Nature lovers and dislike crowds - need a private place or secret hideaway. Can be indecisive. Good at team work and obey rules. Dislike to touch or be touched by others.
- TYPE 'B' (ACTIVE)
Population - Roughly 9% of the world is B +ve and 2% B -ve.
Traits Cheerful, Optimistic, Active, Sensitive, Kind, Forgetful, unorganized, Noisy, Egocentric Energetic and have the drive to reach towards goals. May be workaholics. Not the best team players and are individualistic.
Do things at one's own pace. Strong personality adventurous. Likes to get one's own way. Are Sociable and enjoy entertaining. Like to touch or be touched by others.
- TYPE 'AB' (CARE FREE)
Population - Roughly 4% of the world is AB +ve and 1% AB -ve.
Traits Social, Easy-going, Sympathetic, Diplomatic, Outgoing, Laid-back, Creative, Unpredictable, Artistic, Flexible, Moody and Brooding.
Blend of opposites. Shy with some and bold with some. Introvert and Extrovert. Unpredictable and may seem to have calm exterior. Strong creative strain. Good at spotting problems and skirting them. Like city environment. Get bored easily. Everything they do is compelling.
Never take things for granted. Appear mysterious. Contribute harmoniously to society. Dislike to touch or be touched by others.
So,where do you belong? :) This is somehow useful in order to prevent diseases which are life-style related like myocardial infacrtion, stomach cancer, stroke and hypertension. Take the positive attitude and leave the negative bahaviour in order to stay healthy :) Smile always :)
I was just browsing the pages and suddenly my eyes cought something interesting, "In - Vitro maturation of oocytes via the pre-fabricated self-assembled artificial human ovary". Though still under the level of research but still humans are trying to create things which God has created. This research basically using Theca and Granulosa cells from the follicles of reproductive-aged group women,seeded into micro-molded gels and later self-assembled into complex 3D microtissues (artificial ovary).
The main purpose of this research is to help the women who has fertility problems mainly due to ovarian failure. It was an unbelievable yet interesting article for me. Although there are billions and trillions of technology has been innovated in the world of medicine,still we cant put aside the alternative way of treating an illness.
There are many options in alternative medicine. For example,ayurverdic treatment where they use herbal products to cure the diseases or at least to control or prevent the illnesses. Apart from that, as a Muslim,we believe in the holy Al-Quran where it contains lots of secrets beneath it. Here, I would to share few sentences from Al-Quran where we can practice to cure,control or prevent diseases. Collectively,it is knows as "6 ayat-ayat As-syifa".
- Surah at-Taubah : 14
- Surah Yunus : 57
- Surah al-Nahl : 69
- Surah al-Isra' : 82
- Surah as-Syu'ara :80
- Surah al-Fussilat :44
So,lets open the holy Al-Quran and start searching for these sentences along with the translation and May all of us get Blessing And Merciness from Allah..Insha Allah... :)
Semua sihat? Alhamdulillah... Asyik cakap pasal kesihatan je pun boring jugak kan.. So sekarang kite share few info regarding bakal2 isteri :)
Ramai yang tak tahu,wanita ni kalau nak masuk syurga senang sgt2..banyak cara...nak dapat dosa pun senang jugak :) Jalan paling mudah untuk ke syurga adalah dengan mentaati suami dan menyenangkan hati suami anda :) Macam mana? Jom...!
- Apabila suami pulang ke rumah dalam keadaan letih,dan isteri melayan dengan baik,maka isteri akan dapat pahala jihad. Untung kan?
- Isteri yang tidur tak lena kerana menjaga anak atau suami yang sedang sakit, maka dia akan dapat pahala seperti membebaskan 20 orang hamba. MashaAllah..
- Isteri yang melihat suaminya dengan penuh kasih sayang, Allah akan memandangnya dengan penuh rahmat.
- Isteri yang menyapu lantai sambil berzikir dan bukan merungut,Allah akan beri ganjaran pahala seperti menyapu lantai Baitullah. Subhanallah...
- Isteri yang memicit kepala suaminya tanpa di suruh akan mendapat 7 ketul emas. Tapi kalau isteri picit kepala suami lepas disuruh,dia akan mendapat 7 ketul perak.
- Bagi isteri yang berkhidmat tanpa derhaka dalam hati,dia akan mendapat pahala seperti menunaikan solat selama 12 tahun.
- Bagi isteri yang menunaikan solat di awal waktu, menggantikan puasanya dengan cepat tanpa lengah, dan taat pada suami, Allah akan mengizinkannya masuk ke syurga dengan pintu mana yang kita suka. Best kan?
- Apabila isteri menjemur baju, maka matahari akan mendoakan keampunannya.
- Isteri yang taat akan memasuki syurga 500 tahun lebih awal dari suaminya... bye2 yang...hehehe...Selain itu,dia juga akan jadi ketua bidadari bila di syurga nanti..
Nampak tak...senang je kan..semua tu benda yang kita buat harian..tapi lebih baik bila kita nak mula semua kerja2 harian kita,kita mulakan dengan nama Allah,zikir dan jangan merungut..Jangan sampai jadi isteri yang nusyuz..
Renung2 kan dan selamat beramal :)
- Disorder of posture and movements - Cerebral palsy affects the brain (cerebrum) which controls the body parts. Therefore, the child will have difficulties in maintaining his body posture (sitting or standing). Apart from that,the child might experienced difficulties in body movements like eating,walking or sitting, depending upon the severity of the disease. Other than that,the child might have abnormal involuntary movements of the limbs. The limbs are usually spastic in majority of the cases.
- Non Progressive - Everyone should know that cerebral palsy (CP) is a non progressive disease once it is acquired. The disability that the child have will remain the same and the disease process is static. Unfortunately,there is no cure for CP. The only management for this child is supportive management in terms of moral support, physical support, vocational training and orthopaedics intervention like splints or surgery.
- Not necessary unchanging - Though CP is a non progressive disease, yet the disease process can change. For example, a child born with CP and later on,the baby developed jaundice which leads to kernicterus. This will worsen the symptoms of CP that the baby acquired before.
- Acquired during the period of rapid development of the brain - CP occured due to insult to the brain (hypoxia/lack of oxygen),mainly during the rapid development of the brain. The insult can occur during pre-natal period (before delivery/pregnancy) for example,microcephaly or porencephaly. The insult also can occur during natal period (delivery of the baby) like obstructed and prolonged labour. Lastly,insult can occured during post-natal period (after delivery), for example kernicterus or hypoglycaemia.
- Associated with other co-morbidities - CP usually accompanied by other co-morbidities (disabilities). For example,a CP child usually have difficulty in hearing and speaking. Identification of these co - morbidities are important in the management later.
The definition of CP per se can describe the disease as whole. I would like to thank Dr. Mahesh Kamte,Peadiatrician in KLE Hospital,Belgaum who tought me CNS in Peadiatric,and give me this wonderful definition regarding CP.
Stay Healthy... Be Happy... :)
Fact : This is not proven,although consuming the daily requirement of vitamin C is good for overall health as it strengtened the immune system.
Myth : A bowl of chicken soup and hot toddies can help cure a cold.
So... Let us be healthy and happy :)
Prevention is better than cure.. Mencegah lebih baik dari mengubati :)